miƩrcoles, 5 de agosto de 2009

My Role in This Society

Why do I live? , What do I work for? , Am I investing the time wisely? These are the questions that I frequently asked to myself along this course. In order to answer them, I had to take a great amount of my valuable time and also let out my researcher spirit for the investigation of the truth.
The truth is that it is difficult to understand our role in this society if we don’t focus our efforts on our spiritual maturity. Books that helped me to enrich further ideas are the Discourse on Social Action and also the Holy Bible. Both clarified my doubts and helped me understanding my real needs and wants. Then, what I really wish is to became an example of life, as the bible said “to live in such way that my acts turn into the most powerful messages that someone could announce” (Acts 20:18)
The only way I could figure out to reach to this expectation, to become an influence on others and to make people witnesses my good intentions is by being immerse in a social action. For example, Visiting “ Hogar San Jose” which is a home that takes care of the basic needs for elders, gave me the opportunity to challenge myself in doing something meaningful and to grow into this maturity stage.
Being surrounded and having conversation with old people helped me to appreciate this journey called life and to understand how I want to spend the last years of it. Right after my first visit an important thoughts came to my mind, which are why I will try to conquer the world or become the most famous and successfully person if at the end I will feel lonely and hopeless with nothing valuable to share? It doesn’t have sense to waste our potentialities in things that won’t last long. Elders taught me that at the end we don’t need material things to fulfill our life. We should invest our time in action that endure longer and could be passed through generations and raise our social and personal level with are dedication, patient, peace and love. We should be admired for the facts that we could overcome our problems and make them a learning opportunity to others.
Finally regarding to the previous questions I could say I will do all my best and continue living for being the reason to change. I will direct my work to make others better and for being recognized as someone that continuously participate in a social service and contribute with the transformation of this society.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario