domingo, 19 de julio de 2009

my leanirng with an elder talk.


My talk with Beatriz and her sad history help me to reflect in the importance of humanity and humility. I wanted to know about her dreams or what she likes to do in her free time so that I could help her to do something entertaining with her. But then she told me her sad story. She started working as a maid of a accommodate house for people with good economy conditions. She raised all their family children and grandson; she cooked and did the laundry. She did everything there since she was 18 then after 45 years of serve to that family they decide to send her to an asylum because she had arthritis problem and she can hardly move. They pay for taking care of her but they didn’t visit her and she feels lonely because they were like her family. She has no husband or sons, she has nephew but she said that it is like no having them. In the conversation I insist in knowing about she likes or what did she do on her vacation and she said that she did nothing because she didn’t have someone to be with…
After this I ask my self how can we possible have someone next to us and see their weaknesses and don’t do anything to make it better. How can a person that serves us lot of year, don’t receive the love or the care that she needs. It is not about leaving someone asylum and that’s it “work done”. It is to give back all the attention and be thankful for it.
I definitely direct my objective in life in a twofold purpose not only think in my personal level but also to dedicate my time In the promotion in the welfare of human race.

1 comentario:

  1. Viviana - This is a very impressive blog! You have done an excellent job with this assignment in every way. You have clearly understood the essential concepts introduced in this class because you served others and reflected on how those concepts can help you serve better. This is the key to our spiritual growth. You are a very capable person so I hope to continue reading this blog about all of the social action you are doing!

    ResponderEliminar