domingo, 19 de julio de 2009

what a experience !!!


My first visit was shocking for me. I imagine active old people doing different types of activities, playing cards or having some fun but when I visited it was the opposite, they were lying down on a sofa, chair or wheel chair doing nothing. There was a radio and a very slow old song playing. Most of the elders have their heads down and facing to nowhere. Some questions came to my mind at that moment, What a depressing place, what else do they do?, what are their hobbies? What can I do in order to take them a smile? When we get close to them and say hi! Some of them start making weird sounds. I didn’t know how to react and didn’t know if my presence was interrupting their peace time or what? Finally we found a lady that told us more about their life and their mental and health background. This elder lady seems like the only one which we can say something. I was a little bit shy that day what I mostly did is to observe others elders behavior and to see who my classmate and nurse get close to them cause it seems they have develop a social skills with them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario