domingo, 19 de julio de 2009

understanding elders



In our second visit I was interesting in have a small talk with an old people. This time I say hi! to everyone and expected no answer cause now I know most of them see reluctant to speak. But after having talking with Mercedes and with the religious mother I learned that some of them behave like that because they think going to ask them something that thy don’t want, for example to move from one place to another, or to take a pill, etc… this ladies know very well their room mates she told us that sometimes they hallucinate you are the ones of their relatives that leave them alone. It is nor that they don’t want to be unkind, the thing Is that they are not conscious of their actions. Some are very old that even open their mouth is a big exercise. This time I was wondering, am I going to spend my last years like that? Will I be conscious enough to understand my behaviors? What kind of social responsibility should I acquire with this group of people? What deep questions that I hope to answer in my following visits.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario